The Lifeway’s Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of support services for people with diverse and often complex needs in community settings. Our vision is to help people live ordinary, independent and happy lives through extraordinary support.
Established in 1995, the Lifeways Group has over 10,000 employees providing specialist support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism, profound and multiple learning disabilities, sensory and communication impairments, and acquired brain injuries. We do this through our portfolio of nine dedicated and specialist support services, which includes Autism Care, Brighton & Sussex Care, Care Solutions, Future Home Care, Integra, Keys Hill Park, Lifeways Community Care, Living Ambitions and SIL and currently support more than 6,000 people across the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our team in Scopwick,Lincs.
The main Purpose of the Job is to ensure that the highest standard of professional support is provided which assists the service users in overcoming the disabling effects of Autism and other disabilities and to support them to experience life
Opportunities which encompass the above and promote the growth of individuals to their maximum potential.
* To provide support for management at whatever level.
* To accept and delegate responsibilities for the implementation of identified and agreed plans.
* To ensure the accurate recording and safe administration of medication.
* To ensure the safe storage and ordering of medication.
* To take responsibilities for day to day finance.
* To maintain duty rota and staffing levels in liaison with the Registered Manager.
* To promote the maintenance of sound administrative practices in the service by maintaining full comprehensive records for identified service users and contribute to case conferences as required, either written, orally or competencies.
* Part of the job development is to Act up for the Registered Manager as requested.
* To be included on the duty on call rota.
* To supervise a team of staff, including delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
* To report to the Registered Manager or other designated person, any building repairs and/or maintenance as required.
People we support
* To support service users to achieve outcomes in line with support plans and goal targets.
* To be accountable for the process of defining and identifying services needs and agreeing support plans,
* To ensure the welfare and development of all people we support by providing the highest standards of personal care and ensuring the appropriate attention is paid to their physical, cultural, social education, and recreational needs in accordance with agreed support plans.
* To act as and assist the Key worker in identifying People we support needs implementing support plans and programs to meet their needs and maintain regular family contact.
* To keep all staff aware of the current needs and programs of individuals
* To identify, carry out and participate in training.
* To ensure friendly, empathic, informative and professional relationships with family carers, advocates and professionals are maintained.
* To assist in ensuring that all service users personal finances are properly managed and not misappropriated (in accordance with internal policies).
* To assist in ensuring that all company monies and allowances are properly managed and not misappropriated (in accordance with internal policies).
* Maintain a high standard of personal conduct which reflects the good name of the company.
* To co-operate with all Autism Care (UK) Ltd staff in maintaining good relationships with outside bodies and the general public in order to uphold the company's image and win increased support for the company's work.
* To promote a positive image of Autism, the service that the company offers.
* To ensure that your conduct within or outside Autism Care (UK) Ltd does not conflict with the professional expectations of the company.
* To participate in regular supervisions with the Registered Support Manager or other designated person.
* Attend and participate in staff training opportunities and staff meetings on a regular basis.
* Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post and it's grading as requested by the Manager and their higher authority.