If you believe that people have a right to choose how to run their own lives, then we would like to hear from you.
Care/Support Worker, Team Leader and Service Manager
Salary / rate of pay
The Lifeway’s Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of support services for people with diverse and often complex needs in community settings. Our vision is to help people live ordinary, independent and happy lives through extraordinary support.
Established in 1995, the Lifeways Group has over 10,000 employees providing specialist support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism, profound and multiple learning disabilities, sensory and communication impairments, and acquired brain injuries. We do this through our portfolio of nine dedicated and specialist support services, which includes Autism Care, Brighton & Sussex Care, Care Solutions, Future Home Care, Integra, Keys Hill Park, Lifeways Community Care, Living Ambitions and SIL and currently support more than 6,000 people across the UK.
Job Title: Area Manager, Central West region
Position Type: Permanent / Full-Time
Reporting to: Regional Director
Location: Central West region - note location of the role is flexible / home based with regular travel into the areas.
The role is accountable for providing leadership and operational management of complex care residential services in from Worcestershire to Nottingham and will have responsibility for the delivery of all care and support, clinical, operational, financial and administrative functions.
- Motivational and inspirational leadership for employees and teams to perform at their best in building and sustaining a high-performance culture acting as a role model and ambassador for Lifeways values and leadership behaviours.
- Effective Employee Engagement and Development so that all employees understand the Vision and Strategy and their role in it and are actively encouraged, developed and motivated to deliver Outstanding Service to our Clients and have fulfilling careers within the Lifeways Group
- Effective and timely delivery of multi services in pursuit of effective commercial contractual, safety and risk management.
- Driving up quality, achieving all CQC regulatory requirements and where any issues arise, develop, implement and complete appropriate remedial action plans.
- Achieving Revenue and Margin targets by the retention and growth of existing business, acquiring new business and the effective and efficient running of operations.
- Driving quality and business improvements ensuring Lifeways’ total competitive position is improved.
- Ensuring that structures, processes, systems and procedures are co-ordinated, effective and efficient meeting business, commercial and clinical requirements to meet future business demands.
- Ensuring that offices within the Area operate in accordance with Lifeways’ standards, UK Health & Safety legislation and applicable regulations and commercial contractual obligations.
- Working in conjunction with other Area Managers, Regional Operations Directors and Support Functions (HR, IT, Finance, Quality, Marketing, Development, ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out effectively, ensuring a positive perception of the Lifeways Group by the general public, people we support, carers, employees and purchasing authorities respectively.
- Implementing business plans and budgets to deliver agreed P&L including effective management of margin, utilisation, Working Capital, WIP and bad debt.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess relevant previous working experience to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application, likely to have at least 10 years’ relevant working experience.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering top and bottom line financial targets, and delivering commercial strategies and growth plans, building and sustaining customer satisfaction and participating in mergers & acquisitions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exemplify leadership and composure under pressure, while maintaining high morale.
- Change and risk management and building technology readiness experience and the ability to manage teams through growth and change.
- People management and leadership skills with experience of successfully implementing sound people management practices (inclusive of recruitment, employee engagement, development and retention) to establish a high performance and client focused organisation.
- Result oriented, resilient, customer focused and process driven individual with the ability to build strategic relationships/alliances, build sustainable relationships with multi-culture clients, identify and seize growth opportunities, influence multiple stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally and function within a complex highly matrix organisation.
- Data - driven approach to decision making around commercial and operational practices.
- Possess and be an active member of effective business networks in the social care industry and regulatory bodies that will impact the business.
- Knowledge of Lifeways Group’ products, services, internal systems and processes and guidelines and marketing and branding strategies with previous experience in driving market differentiation initiatives that will establish long - term competitiveness or the ability to develop such capabilities in a short period of time.
- Social care qualified, e.g. Nurse, Social work or OT qualified.
- A relevant professional Qualification at Level 4 or Higher in Care or Management e.g. NVQ/SVQ, QCF Award Certificate or Diploma (also known as BTEC Professional Award, Certificate, Diploma) and working towards Level 5 or above.
At Lifeways we value our staff and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support. We are expanding and so there are real opportunities for career development.
If you feel ready for a change and are able to take on new challenges in a growing organisation, we want to hear from you.
The Lifeways Group is an equal opportunities employer and is regulated by CQC in England, CIW in Wales and CI in Scotland.